Friday, December 11, 2009

The Spirit of Ubuntu

A most incredible things has happen,.. well at least to me. Today, I believe that I have come full circle in my quest to find an excellent operating system.

I was first introduced to the world of computing by way of Microsoft computers and its software. The first new computer that I purchased for myself had windows installed, and it was the only OS I had ever known. After using windows for years, I started hearing rumours about other operating systems. I was fine with what I had so I paid little attention to it. Then the problems with my Microsoft windows started to increase to the point where I was ready to at least look at an alternative. I had tried using an Apple or two but was not really impressed, and some of the prices seemed a bit much for the product.

My first introduction to Linux was by way of Ubuntu 7.1
Ubuntu (philosophy), an ethical concept of African origin emphasising community, sharing and generosity;

Ubuntu was given to me by a friend that said that I should really give it a try. At first it was just a disk that I would bump into every now and then. After a while, I finally decided to check it out. It was somewhat impressive I must admit, but I had grown accustomed to windows and at the time I was not seriously thinking of using any other operating system.

Times have changed and so has my view of windows as an operating system. After having repeated problems with Microsoft windows, which I loved but was costing me dearly, I was finally ready to move on. Since that time I have tried close to twenty or so different Linux operating systems. I have experienced varying degrees of success which would range from 100% satisfaction to about 50%. I was satisfied with the best of what I had found and could have easily lived with it, but there was always a little something missing which kept me searching until I found the Ubuntu Super_OS.

I downloaded and tried the Super_OS, and it is justly titled, for it is indeed a Super OS.

It currently fills the gap and and delivers all of the things that I could have asked for from an operating system. I am finally humbled by the grace and beauty of Ubuntu, especially with the true meaning of its philosophy. One cannot help but want to share something as elegantly beautiful as this.

I was touched by the presentation of Nelson Mandela as he revealed the essence of the word Ubuntu which is included in the Ubuntu package along with a host of things that are far too numerous to mention, and they all work perfectly together. It truly gives one hope to be able to experience just a small portion of what the human experience could actually be, if we all worked together in the spirit of Ubuntu.
.

"Oh I forgot to mention that it is totally free, as well as all the programs and updates".
For more information check out this address - http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Super_OS

No comments: